Saturday, April 17, 2010

Crustless Quiche


My good friend, and fellow chef, pointed out that my blog is not organized by recipe, so it is hard to relocate a recipe in the blog if you don't save it the first time you read it. Good point! I've decided that going forward each blog title will contain the recipe name included in the blog making it easier for my blog friends to find the recipe they're looking for.

I made a delicious crustless quiche for breakfast. I have made many quiche in my day, but I must say this one is the best I've made to date. I hope you try it and enjoy!

Crustless Quiche

Ingredients:

For the Crust:
  • Cooking Spray
  • 2 Tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese

For the Filling:

  • 1/3 of a yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 medium broccoli head, chopped
  • 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of any water
  • 1 4oz. can hot green chilies
  • 1 cup chopped Canadian bacon
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese (plus a little more)

For the Custard:

  • 2 cups fat free half & half
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • A pinch of cayenne pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a pie pan with cooking spray and sprinkle the grated parmesan evenly on top. Place the pan on a baking sheet.

Saute the veggies until cooked through, add Canadian bacon, stir, and set aside.

To make the custard, whisk the half and half and eggs in a large bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.

Spread half of the filling evenly in the pan, top with about half the cheese, repeat with reamaining filling and cheese. Pour the custard over the fillings. Top with more cheese as desired.

Bake until the quiche is set in the center, 40-5o minutes. Cool completely on a rack before serving.

----

Today we are going to Concannon's Gatekeeper Spring Release. I'm sure we'll have a day of good food and good wine. We are looking forward to it and hope the sun comes out from behind those clouds!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent and so good looking. WAY out of my league though!!

    ReplyDelete