Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Southwest Quinoa



Quinoa has become the go-to in my house. Every time I try something new with quinoa, it becomes my new favorite recipe! I can't believe I've just now discovered it - what did I do before!?!?

Southwest Quinoa
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup quinoa
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon Earth Balance
• 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 cup corn, canned or frozen, drained or thawed
• Salt and pepper to taste

In a large sauce pan, add broth, cumin, oregano, chili powder and butter. Bring to a boil and add quinoa. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed.

Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan add olive oil, garlic, onion and bell peppers, sauté over medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Toss quinoa with corn and bell pepper mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment