Sunday, January 20, 2013

Breakfast Omelet Cups


  • 6 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups liquid egg whites
  • 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
  • 4 slices Canadian bacon, finely chopped
  • 2 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350F.

Spray a muffin pan liberally with cooking spray.   Put a little bit of onion, Canadian bacon and cheese in each cup. 

Whisk together the eggs and egg whites and pour into each muffin cup, filling 3/4 full.

Bake 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Joanna,

    These were excellent! They are easy enough to make so that I could do so on my own without hurting myself! haha They're pretty much carb-free so I was also able to share them with my father who is diabetic. We thought they were great! Mine didn't turn out looking nearly as nice as yours did, though. Mine were a little deflated. I took a couple pictures for you:

    http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a566/Nico_Scopelliti/breakfastomeletcups1_zps205e4848.jpeg

    http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a566/Nico_Scopelliti/breakfastomeletcups2_zps95f92dc8.jpeg

    Thanks for the great recipe!

    Nico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna,

    Here's the second attempt! I added a little mushroom to these. That's probably the most creative I've ever been in the kitchen :)

    http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a566/Nico_Scopelliti/breakfastomeletcups2ndattempt-2-10_zps59353307.jpg

    I'm still struggling a bit with the texture and they deflated on me again. Any idea how to prevent them from getting "rubbery"? Some were and some weren't, oddly enough.

    But they still tasted great and I got rave reviews! Thanks again!

    Nico

    ReplyDelete