Monday, March 8, 2010

Breakfast for the week… and a new dinner experiment

Tonight I fixed a crustless quiche that will feed Mike and I breakfast for the rest of the week. When possible, I like to plan ahead so that breakfast is easy to grab to take to work in the morning rather than trying to figure out what to have. I make a lot of different quiches, this one is tasty, I must say.

Easy Quiche

Ingredients:
~ 7 oz. Canadian Bacon, finely chopped
~ ¼ red onion, finely chopped
~ 1 – 4 oz. can green chilies
~ 1 ½ cups shredded reduced fat Swiss Cheese
~ 1 ½ cups shredded reduced fat Colby Jack Cheese
~ 2 eggs, beaten
~ 1 cup Egg Beaters

Combine all ingredients into a large bowl – mix well and pour into a greased pie pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

For dinner, I experimented by making a new baked chicken recipe. I had been marinating chicken for 5+ hours in Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce with the idea that Mike would barbecue tonight… Well, the weather did not permit, so I improvised!

Baked Buffalo Mozzarella Chicken

Ingredients:
~ 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
~ Franks Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce (a lot!)
~ 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
~1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella

Marinade chicken in Frank’s sauce for 5+ hours. In a greased shallow baking dish, coat the bottom with Franks sauce. Dip each marinated breast into parmesan cheese, coating generously. Place each breast into pan and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Pull out of the oven and top each breast with shredded mozzarella. Broil until bubbly and brown, about 2 minutes.

I must say it was good! Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this one I think but isn't it spicy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it is spicy - might not be good for the boys.

    ReplyDelete