Monday, March 8, 2010

Fun weekend in Tahoe followed by The Oscars!!

We spent the weekend in Lake Tahoe... Left early Saturday morning and returned on Sunday afternoon. It's great that we live close enough for a short weekend getaway to such a beautiful place.

I didn't cook while we were away... but we still ate good :) On Saturday we had delicious freshly made Cobb Salads at the Lodge at Northstar. I was impressed with how fresh they were, and the price wasn't bad either. For dinner, we went to Moody's in Downtown Truckee. I highly recommend it! Delicious food and excellent service. We started with "Tuna 4 Ways", followed by Tomato Soup, and for entree Mike had Big Eye Tuna and I had Pork Scaloppini. Everything was fabulous.

Sunday for the Oscars, I didn't want to be cooking during the show... I wanted to be front and center by 3pm for the Red Carpet, so I prepared a side dish ahead and Mike helped by barbecuing chicken & burgers.

Deviled Egg Coleslaw
~ 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
~ 3/4 cup light mayo
~ 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard (Gulden's)
~3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
~ 2 teaspoons white vinegar
~ 1 teaspoon hot sauce
~ 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
~ 1 16 oz. bag Fresh Express 3 color Deli Coleslaw

Combine everything except coleslaw in a large bowl, mix well. Add coleslaw and toss. Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!

I am preparing my meal plan for the week and will be sure to have at least a few good recipes to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment