Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My First Blog -- Welcome!!

I love to cook.... I really didn't know it until I met my husband and he cooked for me the first time --- boiled chicken along with boiled broccoli. I ate the meal and thought - I can do better than this!! My passion has grown over the past four years and it really is a passion. I love to cook!!

After watching Julie & Julia twice, I have decided to start a blog for myself. Who knows, I might get famous, but more importantly, I will now have a place to post recipes and experiences in the kitchen and in life.

I am psyched!!

Tonight I made a meal that I agree was GOOD. My husband, Mike, told me it was his favorite of all time!! This is what I did for Parmesan Chicken and Broiled Zucchini:

This meal feeds two people - so add or subtract accordingly.

Ingredients:

~ 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
~ 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
~ 1 - 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
~ 1 - 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes with basil and oregano
~ 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
~ 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
~ 1 tsp. minced garlic
~ 2 eggs
~ 4 medium zucchin
~ olive oil
~ salt
~ pepper

First, get the zucchini prepared:

Cover a baking sheet with cooking spray
Cut the zucchini lengthwise into 1/4" slices
Place the zucchini onto the baking sheet
Drizzle with olive oil
Sprinkle generously with fresh ground pepper and salt
Set aside

Preheat oven to 350

Let's get the sauce going:

In a medium sauce pan over medium heat,
heat 1 tsp. garlic with olive oil for 1 minute
add the crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes and oregano,
and simmer


Next, get the chicken going:

Olive oil into a medium/large fry pan on medium heat

Put 2 eggs into one bowl
Put 1/2 cup ++ parmesan cheese into one bowl
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt & pepper
Dip each breast in the egg and then the parmesan and place into the fry pan
Cook in the fry pan for 3 minutes on each side

In a sprayed baking dish, place 1/2 of the sauce
Place the two chicken breasts on top of the sauce
Cover the chicken with the remaining sauce
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

Pull the chicken out and cover with foil
Set oven to Broil

Broil the zucchini 5" from heating element for 5 minutes
Pull out and sprinkle with 1/4 - 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Place back in the broiler and cook for another 5 minutes or until browned

Once zucchini is done,
Cover each chicken breast with shredded Mozzarella (about 1/4 cup each breast)
Place in the broiler for about 4 minutes (until cheese is bubbly and brown)

Bon appétit!!

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea, Joanna. I will share this with my cooking pals, including Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joanna! What a fun idea. I am useless but hopeful in the kitchen so look forward to trying some of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I'll be sure to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete