Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

We were planning to go out tonight for some green beer (and good people watching) but we wimped out and decided to be old and boring and stay home. I'm actually so glad we did!!

I fixed up Chicken Parmesan and Garlic Mashed "Potatoes" (made with cauliflower instead of the real thing). I have to say I think this is the best low-carb recipe I've made in a while. I imagine a filet sitting on top of these yummy delights.

*****
~ 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces
~ 1 tablespoon light cream cheese, softened
~ 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
~ 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
~ 1/2 teaspoon salt
~ 3 tablespoons light butter

Get water boiling in a large pot.

Clean and cut cauliflower and cook in boiling water for 6 minutes or until well done. Drain well, and pat dry with paper towels - don't let cool.

In a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and butter, until smooth.

You can transfer into a saucepan and keep warm covered on low if necessary.
*****

DELISH! I really think I could serve these and people would think they're really potatoes. I might try to trick our next guests! :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day. Hope you are all doing what you want to do and are safe and sound with good food!

**I didn't post the Chicken Parmesan recipe, as this was posted in my first blog post - it is also delish!**

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joanna!
    Welcome to the bloggy world! Gotta love it! I'll try to direct some of my followers your way! :D I ADORE chicken parmesan. Italian food is my FAVE!!! :) :)

    Have a great day!

    {{Hugs}}
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete