Tuesday, March 30, 2010

For Dad

I haven’t posted to my blog in a while. Frankly, I haven’t been cooking anything magnificent in a while; With the weather so nice, Mike has been barbecuing a lot lately! In addition, Mike and I recently traveled to Oregon to see my Dad in the hospital. He had some complications as a result of his February Quadruple Bypass. Luckily, he is recovering and will be released from the hospital later this week.

Tonight for dinner I fixed Filet Mignon, Mashed “Potatoes” (made with Cauliflower) and sautéed Red Onions. Everything turned out delish.

For the Filet: Season the meat with McCormick’s Montreal Steak seasoning. Sear each steak for 3 minutes on both sides in a fry pan with olive oil. Put the seared steaks into a 375 degree oven and bake for 7 minutes for Medium steaks. DELISH!

I’ve posted the fake mashed potato recipe; if you haven’t tried it, I suggest you do!

For the sautéed onions, slice a large red onion into thin strips and cook with olive oil over medium heat in a fry pan. Cook stirring, occasionally. Once starting to cook through add a bit of white wine, balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper and cook until soft. Cover at the end. Total cook time: about 15 minutes.

The filet, "potatoes" and onions were a good meal. Everything turned out delish.

Today my Dad’s birthday gift arrived in the mail. I found the “The French Chef with Julia Child” DVD series. It is the original PBS show – Julia Child’s cooking show. My Dad was and is a huge fan of hers and I know this will be a big hit! I can’t wait for his day to come and hear about what he thinks of the gift. He turns 67 on Monday, April 5th.

That’s all for now… I’m cooking a lot this weekend and will post an update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment